Christmas is on its way and we are looking forward to celebrating it at our church in Manchester.
Christmas is often called “the season of joy”. But what is it to experience joy? Unlike happiness (which comes from the things that are going on around us), we can know a real sense of joy despite the circumstances in which we find ourselves.
In fact, joy is a vital part of the Christian life.
1 Peter 1:8-9 says “Though you have not seen him (Jesus), you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.”
As a church in Manchester, it’s our desire that the people of our community know a sense of joy in their life each day. That’s why we do what we do, so that men and women, boys and girls can know the reality of having Jesus in their day-to-day life.
So what reasons do we have for experiencing joy?
- The fact that there is a God who loves us and made a way for us to be in relationship with him by giving his son to pay the price for the things we have done wrong. Amazing!
- The fact that we now have the presence of God living within us by faith, by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- The fact that with God, nothing is impossible (Luke 1:37). No matter how challenging the situation, we can trust that God will lead us through and provide what we need.
- The fact that God has a plan and purpose for our lives. There are things that he has for us to do, people to reach and help that only we can do because of our unique gifts and life experiences.
- The fact that we have a church family who love us, encourage and support us in our walk with God.
If you don’t have a church family and want to be involved in a community of faith, then we’d love to welcome you to Bethany Church!
We are a church in Manchester who loves the community of Gatley and the surrounding areas and pray for as many people as possible to come to faith and join us.
There are many Christmas events that we have coming up which is a great opportunity to come and meet new friends as well as catch up with old ones.
We hope to see you soon!
Bethany Church is a thriving Pentecostal church in Manchester. We are a multi-National Church family and a fun place where you can be yourself and find God. Contact us here.