What to Look for When Finding a New Church?
A big part of your spiritual life is being involved in a vibrant church where you are able to grow in God and become the best that you can be. Church is the place where we can meet with other Christians, learn more about God and get to know Him better – as individuals and also corporately as we journey together. It’s also a place where you can bring your skills and abilities to serve God and others, both in the church and in the wider community.
Manchester is a wonderfully diverse and dynamic city with many different expressions represented.
If you are in the position of looking for a new church in Manchester, there are many things to think about as you make your decision.
Here are 5 things that you might want to consider:
- Is the vision and style one that you can get behind and support? Is it Bible-based, outward-looking and wanting to serve God and their community? Does the style and the worship appeal to you and enable you to draw closer to God?
- Are there opportunities for you to serve and get involved? Joining a team is one of the best ways to make friends and to feel part of it. When you serve in church, you are not only benefitting yourself but also those around you. Your unique talents and skills can make a great difference to the lives of others, both within church and in the community that it is called to.
- Are the people friendly and welcoming? Can you see yourself making friends here? Are there ministry groups that you would be interested in joining?
- Is it close enough to where you live for you to be happy to travel there for Sundays and mid-week events?
- And finally, the biggest thing to consider is – what do you feel God is saying to you? Do you feel a sense of peace at the thought of becoming committed to that place? God leads us through practical ways as well as spiritual – so ask yourself this question “Do the other considerations in this list add up”?
Bethany Church is a friendly church, with many different ethnicities and ages.
Our passions are –
- to know God and to become more like Him
- a thirst to be part of a community lead by love, united in deed and in truth
We are full of life, whatever age or background you are from.
So, if you’re looking to find a new church in Manchester, then contact us here or come check us out on Sunday. We’d love to see you!
Bethany Church Manchester is a thriving Pentecostal Church based in South Manchester. We are a multi-National family and a fun place where you can be yourself and find God. Contact us here.