The women’s ministry at Bethany Church is called BCCherish. The name was chosen because the male leaders of the church wanted the name to reflect how God loved and cared for the women in the church. They wanted to see demonstrated how God in turn sought to see this enacted through the church to all women in the community at Bethany. The women’s ministry leader is Minou McDonnell. She leads with an assignment given by God to facilitate the gifts and callings of the women under her care.She sees her role as that of facilitating and enabling women to grow and flourish in their ministries and calling.
Our Key Objectives:
- Building cohesive relationships with women of all ages and we seek to support women in all areas of their Christian growth.
- To support women, who seek to step out into areas of ministry, that they are called to.
- Building / establishing relationships with non Christian groups and individuals in order to share our faith
- Raising funds and making practical donations to support
- a) Charitable causes that seek to eradicate injustice
- b) Support Christian ministry in the UK
A number of subgroups exist at Bethany, which express the heart of what the ministry does under a motto, “The law of kindness” from Proverbs where it says in chapter 31:26, for ‘on her tongue is the law of kindness’.
The Freshen-Up Breakfast
Our ladies meets three times each year to enjoy a 5* breakfast and to be encouraged with an uplifting talk and to spend time just chatting and getting to know each other better.
As part of LoveMercy Cheadle we meet three times a year to share brunch, pray, worship and listen to inspired talks. We raise money, which we donate to MercyUK, a ministry that we actively support financially throughout the year, with cash raised from sponsored 5K runs., craft sales and raffles.
2016 Events Hosted by Bethany Cherish
- Freshen Up Breakfasts
- Annual Tea Party
- MacMillan Coffee Morning
- LoveMercy Prayer Brunch Meetings
- MercyRunners weekly running club leading to a 5K sponsored run
- Destiny – Aspire Women’s Conference
- MERCY UK EMPOWER TRAINING DAY
- World Vision Embrace Worship Celebration
Charities supported recently with financial gifts and or donations of goods.
Stockport Christian Counselling Service, Mercy UK, Living Waters India, Life Charity, Mercy Ships and Smalls for All.